Are you passionate about wildlife photography? Do you want to learn how to capture stunning images of animals in their natural habitats? Join us for a photographic talk with wildlife photographer Kevin Pigney ARPS DPAGB ASINWP.
Kevin will share his passion for wildlife photography and teach you how to take and edit photos in his unique style. You’ll learn about his approach to composition, colour palettes, and capturing the perfect moment. Kevin will also share his tips and tricks for post-processing, so you can achieve the same stunning results in your own work.
PASSION FOR WILDLIFE | The morning session will cover:
- Kevin’s style of nature image – Focal point, backgrounds, composition, colour palette, depth of field.
- How he achieves them – Camera settings/modes, focusing, shooting angle, aperture, diffused backdrop, eye contact.
- Working locally – Advantages of working near to home, local knowledge, return visits.
- Setting up a project – Behind the scenes look at his work with wildlife, trail cam’s, hides, fieldcraft, patience.
- Further afield – Some of Kevin’s favourite locations/subjects throughout the UK.
- Working with light – In camera techniques to create artistic images, high-key, low-key, backlit & more.
HOW TO POST PROCESS NATURE IMAGES | The afternoon session will cover:
- Basic workflow – Kevin’s initial edit using Lightroom, cropping, colour temperature, achieving full tonality setting black/white points, highlights/shadows, texture, HSL panel etc.
- Working in Photoshop – Selective de-noise, three dodge and burn techniques, two selective sharpening methods, working with layer masks, inverted layers, the clone tool, extending the canvas etc.
- Final touches in Lightroom – Radial tool, adding a subtle vignette, saving/sizing/exporting files
Kevin will also have a selection of his printed images on display with the opportunity to discuss paper and printing throughout the day.