“The negative is everything, the print is all.” – Ansel Adams
This workshop will teach you the processes involved in producing and printing high quality monochrome images, irrespective of whether you use Photoshop or Lightroom, Windows or Mac, or Epson or Canon printers. Everyone can produce unrivalled monochrome prints by instilling confidence in the belief that you are doing it right.
David, who is a highly experienced exhibitor, lecturer and judge on the Camera Club circuit will demonstrate the most popular techniques available to convert a full colour image to monochrome so that you can determine the most suitable method for your image and will cover all aspects of image preparation and finishing.
It is assumed that you know how to take a correctly exposed photograph and have a good knowledge of Photoshop/Lightroom prior to the course.
David will also cover considerations you should make when taking your photos and demonstrate on how to set up your computer and printer to get the best possible output, explaining how paper choice affects the final print.
Leave at the end of the course with monochrome skills you will wish you had learned years ago!
Both the New Epson SC-P700 and the New Canon PRO-300 printers will be used to show the various methods of workflow.
- Full day workshop
- A pack of notes to take away from the course
- A pre-packed sandwich lunch and refreshments throughout the day (vegetarian option is available but must be advised before the day)
- Discount deals on PermaJet paper for purchases on the day!
- There will be a maximum of 12 delegates on each date to ensure social distancing
- Face masks are mandatory
- If you are feeling unwell on the day, then we ask that you refrain from making the journey