Simon Weir brings his knowledge and talents to the Academy with this course, allowing you to discover the beauty of Infrared photography for all seasons.
- The fascinating history of infrared image making
- The science of how infrared photography works in film and digital
- Camera choice, modification and filter options
- Overcoming the pitfalls of focusing invisible light and the dreaded “hot-spots”
- Subjects, composition and exposure
- Processing methods using Lightroom and Photoshop
- False colour infrared & channel-swapping methods for colour enhancement
- Fine art B&W infrared processing and printing
The morning session includes a nearby location shoot to experience Infrared photography for yourself and to get some images for processing in the afternoon. Simon will also present a selection of his own IR images and discuss their merits.
- Full day workshop
- A pack of notes to take away from the course
- A pre-packed sandwich lunch and refreshments throughout the day (vegetarian option is available but must be advised before the day)
- Discount deals on PermaJet paper for purchases on the day!
Required Equipment: There will be a few IR converted cameras ready for you to have a go with and some on-lens IR filters for standard cameras – we strongly suggest you bring along your own camera (IR converted or not) and a tripod.
There will be a maximum of 12 delegates on each date to ensure social distancing
Face masks are mandatory
If you are feeling unwell on the day, then we ask that you refrain from making the journey
Your temperature will be taken on arrival and should this be 37.8 C or greater, then you will be refused entry