Simon Weir brings his knowledge and talents to the Academy with this course, allowing you to discover the beauty of Infrared photography for all seasons.
- The fascinating history of infrared image making
- The science of how infrared photography works in film and digital
- Camera choice, modification and filter options
- Overcoming the pitfalls of focusing invisible light and the dreaded “hot-spots”
- Subjects, composition and exposure
- Processing methods using Lightroom and Photoshop
- False colour infrared & channel-swapping methods for colour enhancement
- Fine art B&W infrared processing and printing
The morning session includes a nearby location shoot to experience Infrared photography for yourself and to get some images for processing in the afternoon. Simon will also present a selection of his own IR images and discuss their merits.
- Full day workshop
- A pack of notes to take away from the course
- A pre-packed sandwich lunch and refreshments throughout the day (vegetarian option is available but must be advised before the day)
- Discount deals on PermaJet paper for purchases on the day!
Required Equipment: There will be a few IR converted cameras ready for you to have a go with and some on-lens IR filters for standard cameras – we strongly suggest you bring along your own camera (IR converted or not) and a tripod.