THE PHOTOGRAPHIC ACADEMY
Our Photographic Academy for 2020 has a new series of in-depth photography, software and printing related training courses conducted by a team of well-respected and highly knowledgeable photographers and UK lecturers...
- Tim Daly (FRPS)Clive Haynes (FRPS)
- Ken Busbridge (Fine Art & Giclee Commercial Printer)
- Dave Lowe (ARPS, DPAGB)
- Colin Hulley (PermaJet Camera Club Lecturer)
- John Humphreys (FRPS)
- David Keep (ARPS, DPAGB, ABPE, AFIAP)
- Rod Wheelans (Hon. PAGB, FIPF, MPAGB, MFIAP), Libby Smith (MPAGB, EFIAP)
The Photographic Academy courses are restricted to
groups upto a maximum of 20 attendees ensuring in-depth and highly focused tuition across a range of topics and totally relevant to anyone wishing to improve their image capture, preparation or printing output.
Sit comfortably within our well equipped training room with regular breaks and refreshments and opportunities to interact with the lecturer in open session questions & answers.
Free, safe and secure parking on-site all day.
All of our courses offer great value for money starting at just £75. Click on any of the course titles below to get more information about that course or to make a booking.
'FROM PRINT TO PERFECTION'
- Learn the essentials of colour management and choosing the right paper in order to achieve the perfect print. Walk away with the confidence to print your images successfully. Windows or Mac, Canon or Epson Printers, this course would benefit everyone.
'CONVERTING & PRINTING MONOCHROME WITH CONFIDENCE'
- Discover the processes involved in producing and printing high quality monochrome images, irrespective of whether you use Photoshop or Lightroom, Windows or Mac, or Epson or Canon printers.
'HOW TO CREATE COMPETITION WINNING IMAGES'
- From choosing the genre, selecting the best images and then processing them for maximum impact, you’ll leave with the essential skills to produce stunning, competition-winning prints.
- Clive brings his knowledge and talents to the Academy with this course, allowing you to discover the beauty of Infrared photography for all seasons.
'INTRODUCTION TO LIGHTROOM'
- This course introduces Lightroom’s organisational, editing and printing tools suitable for beginners. Learn how image archiving, tone controls and many other tools help you on the way to a perfect image.
'PRINTING WITH LIGHTROOM'
- Learn how to get the very best results from your printer and Adobe Lightroom. Suitable for beginners, understand the essentials of colour management and how to edit images in Lightroom ready for print.
'MACRO & ART PHOTOGRAPHY'
- Let us lead you through the artistic processes designed to unleash creative potential in macro and art photography. Review ways in which manipulation and presentation of photographs can be used to enhance their artistic impact.
'INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOSHOP'
- We teach you how to use the tools, concepts and workflows needed to succeed and develop good practice when it comes to this amazing application. This workshop concentrates on the areas of Photoshop that are key for photographers.
'PROFESSIONAL RETOUCHING IN PHOTOSHOP'
- Learn advanced skin and shape retouching techniques using professional Photoshop processes. This course is for people who have already completed beginners or Introduction to Photoshop courses, or who are more experienced users.
'PREPARING YOUR IMAGES TO PRINT'
- This workshop is the perfect answer for anyone who wants to learn about preparing images in Photoshop ready for print – whether you’re a complete beginner or looking to improve your skills to attain that Distinction, you’ll walk away with confidence. This is our course in Bedfordshire
All courses generally run from 10.00 am - 4.30 pm within our friendly academy environment (at our Stratford-upon-Avon premises, unless otherwise stated). A full buffet lunch and regular beverages are included as standard.
Both online and telephone bookings are possible. Our Photographic Academy administrator, Louise Hill, is happy to assist with any course enquiries by contacting her on 01789 739207 or e-mailing her directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.