From Print to Perfection - Stratford-upon-Avon
IN HOUSE - From Print to Perfection - Stratford-upon-Avon
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 0PT
Tutor: Colin Hulley (PermaJet's Official Camera Club Speaker)
Colin is a member of the PermaJet sales team, holding key responsibility for the Education market and Camera Club lectures. He has worked in the photographic industry since 1982 and has been involved in sales for the past 28 years, giving him extensive knowledge of the photographic and inkjet world.
Time & dates: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday 19th September 2020 or;
Saturday 14th November 2020 or;
Saturday 12th December 2020
About the Day
On this course you’ll learn the essentials of colour management and choosing the right paper in order to achieve the perfect print. Walk away with the confidence to print your images successfully.
The day will cover...
- The basics of colour management
- How to calibrate your monitor
- Overview of the PermaJet paper families
- What to consider when choosing your paper
- The difference between generic and custom ICC profiles
- How to print a custom profiling chart
- The correct Photoshop and printer driver settings
- Installing profiles on PC and Mac
In the afternoon there will be an interactive session where you will get the chance to have one or two of your own images printed for you, reinforcing everything you’ve learnt in the morning such as printer and Photoshop settings. This is an ideal opportunity to try different paper types and see how important paper choice is.
Both the New Epson SC-P700 and the New Canon PRO-300 printers will be used to show the various methods of workflow.
- Full day workshop
- A pack of notes to take away from the course
- A pre-packed sandwich lunch and refreshments throughout the day (vegetarian option is available but must be advised before the day)
- Many product discount deals for purchases on the day!
Please bring a USB containing a selection of images for printing during the afternoon session.
- There will be a maximum of 9 delegates on each date to ensure social distancing
- Face masks must be worn at all times
- If you are feeling unwell on the day, then we ask that you refrain from making the journey
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival and should this be 37.8 C or greater, then you will be refused entry