Converting & Printing Monochrome with Confidence - Stratford-upon-Avon
IN HOUSE - Converting & Printing Monochrome with Confidence - Stratford-upon-Avon
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 0PT
Tutors: David Lowe ARPS DPAGB – David is the Chairman of the London Salon of Photography and a frequent lecturer and judge at photographic clubs and societies around the country. See his work here - www.davidlowepics.com
Colin Hulley – Colin is a member of the PermaJet sales team, holding key responsibility for the Education market and Camera Club lectures. He has worked in the photographic industry since 1982 and has been involved in sales for the past 28 years, giving him extensive knowledge of the photographic and inkjet world.
Time & dates: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday 31st October 2020
“The negative is everything, the print is all.” – Ansel Adams
This workshop will look at the processes involved in producing and printing high quality monochrome images, irrespective of whether you use Photoshop or Lightroom, Windows or Mac, or Epson or Canon printers. Everyone can produce unrivalled monochrome prints by instilling confidence in the belief that you are doing it right.
David, who is a highly experienced exhibitor, lecturer and judge on the Camera Club circuit will demonstrate the most popular techniques available to convert a full colour image to monochrome so that you can determine the most suitable method for your image and will cover all aspects of image preparation and finishing.
It is assumed that you know how to take a correctly exposed photograph and have a good knowledge of Photoshop/Lightroom prior to the course.
We will also cover considerations you should make when taking your photos. Colin from PermaJet will be on hand to demonstrate how to set up your computer and printer to get the best possible output, explaining how paper choice affects the final print.
Leave at the end of the day with monochrome skills you will wish you had learned years ago!
Both the New Epson SC-P700 and the New Canon PRO-300 printers will be used to show the various methods of workflow.
- Full day workshop
- A pack of notes to take away from the course
- A pre-packed sandwich lunch and refreshments throughout the day (vegetarian option is available but must be advised before the day)
- Many product discount deals for purchases on the day!
- There will be a maximum of 9 delegates on each date to ensure social distancing
- Face masks must be worn at all times
- If you are feeling unwell on the day, then we ask that you refrain from making the journey
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival and should this be 37.8 C or greater, then you will be refused entry